[coreboot] x86: best approach to debug consumer hardware?

Andrey Korolyov andrey at xdel.ru
Sat Jul 8 15:43:04 CEST 2017

> From git logs it looks like configuring the clockgen was needed for the
> x60/t60 port for deeper c-states to work. I'd try to dump the clockgen
> configuration on smbus with block operations ('i2cdump #smbus 0x69 s')
> and configure it using block write operations either in romstage (look
> at thinkpad x201 romstage.c) or in ramstage like is done for the x60
> (might need some tweaking).

I see, thanks. Previously write to i2c-0/0x69 has been stuck at
romstage, so I kicked it out without looking at the log and therefore
not getting reasons why is was there at first place, Now it is obvious
that C3 is not working correctly without fixing up clock generator.
Previously, also, I blamed incorrect _CST package generation from
copy-paste from T60 for a moment - state descriptions has been
enumerated as 0x1/0x2/0x2 while vendor BIOS has sequentially
enumerated descriptions, still wondering what was the reason to do so.