[coreboot] Discussion about fixing dead code / ACPI TRAP

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Thu Jul 6 17:37:23 CEST 2017

Stefan Reinauer wrote:
> (it was just copy-catted around from my original i945 implementation)
> But I don't think that we should remove the knowledge from the code base.

So it is a technology showcase and not required code.

Those two should never be allowed to mix, and Patrick has found one
instance where they can be separated. That's fantastic! Thanks Patrick.

I agree with Stefan that we should not remove the code from the *tree*,
and I also agree with Patrick that this can be cleaned up in many boards.

The question is how we could deal with such technology showcases? I
don't see them belonging in working mainboard code.

Maybe maintain all technologies in a coreboot/showcase or coreboot/reference
mainboard?

//Peter