[coreboot] x86: best approach to debug consumer hardware?

Zoran Stojsavljevic zoran.stojsavljevic at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 21:43:39 CEST 2017

> - kernel also is unable to produce any kind of backtrace over all (easily)
available channels,

[1] Platform T2400/i945 ->
http://ark.intel.com/products/27235/Intel-Core-Duo-Processor-T2400-2M-Cache-1_83-GHz-667-MHz-FSB
... Am I correct?
[2] What is GEODE in this context? 500 Mhz *i486*AMD Geode processor
(Single HW threaded, one core, no HT)?
[3] And what are the Linux distro and the distro kernel you are using
(version and size ? 32 : 64, please)?
[4] Am I reading that you are not able to produce dmesg? If YES, please,
post failing dmesg here!
[5] I assume that you have SeaBIOS as payload, don't you?
[6] Are you booting via GRUB?

> - sometimes video memory is corrupted, screen displaying periodical flickering
pattern
> (even if almost all late-stage linux drivers are disabled),

[7] Are you able to produce Xorg.0.log messages? If yes, could you post 'em
here?

I have also other ideas how to debug this all, but lets go with these for
starters, shall we??? ;-)

Thank you,
Zoran