[coreboot] !IS_TOP_ALIGNED_ADDRESS failure

giuseppe.ferrigni at inwind.it giuseppe.ferrigni at inwind.it
Mon Jan 30 01:50:07 CET 2017

Hello to all,

I'm getting confidence with coreboot for the first time. I followed instruction in the "Lesson1" article for a very basic build and everything gone well. Now I'm trying to build coreboot for a real board (amd ipc_fp4_dp not present in current release) but setting several mainbord devices results in different errors. One of these is the following:

cbfstool: /home/oxboxes/coreboot/util/cbfstool/cbfstool_image.c:666: cbfs_add_entry: Assertion '' !IS_TOP_ALIGNED_ADDRESS(content_offset)' failed

Due to lack of tutorial to understand the coreboot structure, can someone help me to understand why the building process fail?

Giuseppe