[coreboot] Documentation creation for the coreboot wiki - what to do?

Taiidan at gmx.com Taiidan at gmx.com
Sat Jan 28 01:16:14 CET 2017

I have been given a wiki account and I would like some input as to what
is needed in terms of maintance, documentation updating, tutorial
creation etc?

I am a sysadmin so it is good to offload this kind of stuff to me so
that you guys are free to do the programming bits.

So far I have updated various pages with info from myself or that has
been gleaned from the mailing list and I would like to know how I am
doing? I have never edited a wiki before.

https://www.coreboot.org/Special:Contributions/Taiidan

I have 3 coreboot motherboards that all lack complete featurelists and
two lack build tutorials which I will remedy, I will also create pages
for getting started (a newbie page), security, virtualization
support/board buyers guide information (ie: which mobos have/support
hvm, iommu/iommu gfx, sr-iov, etc) and info about which coreboot
motherboards are suitable for modern gaming and also a POWER arch intro
page using the info that people have provided on the mailing list.

I would like to know as to how much we are allowed to indicate that x86
OEM's are generally hostile to the FOSFW movement? I don't want to
ruffle any feathers, as these days they are already significantly ruffled.

I was able to figure all this out but for the free firmware movement to
survive it needs to be spread to a wider audience thus things need to be
made a little bit easier, I have plenty of linux sysadmin acquaintances
but none of them use coreboot because they aren't yet fanatical enough
about FOSFW to bother with the difficulty level.