[coreboot] Offtopic - tapping TxFP packages with flat cables?

Andrey Korolyov andrey at xdel.ru
Thu Jan 26 21:36:25 CET 2017

> Buy another chip, make a breakout board, remove onboard chip, connect
> probes to breakout board, connect breakout board to mainboard.

Thanks, but this is a pretty time-consuming method if I need to tap
four consecutive legs out of one hundred. Also BBs adding extra
crosstalk which could lead to erroneous behavior even for tens of
megahertz when scheme is coupled with high-impedance logic analyzer.

> This is documented behavior of the chipset.
>
> "SLP S4# Assertion Width Violation" is the hardware telling the
> firmware (you) that the hardware has not been in S4# long enough,
> and simply isn't ready just yet.
>
> Chipset docs specify how long firmware should wait, before it can try
> to power the platform up again.

Awesome, thank you, I never had a single thought that this could be a
documented behavior - EEPROM read stage takes a plenty of time
(something around sixty milliseconds) and I`ve automatically threw all
time-related chipset initialization stuff out of scope.