[coreboot] Quad core CPU overheat?

Martin Roth gaumless at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 16:43:46 CET 2017

Hey, I have this problem even on my W530 and W541 systems with the
vendor BIOS, so I don't think this is really coreboot related.  I've
taken two steps to fix it :
1) I use thinkfan to max out the fan speed early and keep it there longer.
2) I limit the processor speed to its maximum normal speed with cpufreq-set.

These two steps have fixed my problem.  Just adjusting the fan speed
didn't do it for me - I still got thermal shutdowns.

Hope this helps.
Martin