[coreboot] x200s' nvram will reset to default value if last boot is a normal boot of debian.

Zoran Stojsavljevic zoran.stojsavljevic at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 06:31:38 CET 2017

Hello Persmule,

Please, forgive for my ignorance regarding X200 HW. No clue how it really
looks inside (except normal, usual configuration).

I have looked into the log, and I do not understand the romstage phase,
namely this:

Memory configured in dual-channel asymmetric mode.
Memory map:
TOM   =   512MB
TOLUD =   512MB
TOUUD =   512MB
REMAP: base  = 65535MB
limit =     0MB
usedMEsize: 0MB
*Performing Jedec initialization at address 0x00000000.*
*Performing Jedec initialization at address 0x08000000.*
*Performing Jedec initialization at address 0x10000000.*
*Performing Jedec initialization at address 0x18000000.*

Seems that you have somewhere in X200 128MB NVRAM as four banks (gives
total of 512MB NVRAM). So, if this repeats every time, regardless how you
shutdown Linux, you need to skip this depending upon the shutdown
conditions.

I repeat, I have no idea what this NVRAM is for? And where/how it is
located? Anyway, 512MB of NVRAM for booting Coreboot, or BIOS (for keeping
postmortem boot-loader or OS parameters) seems too much (at least to me),
don't you think?

Zoran