[coreboot] Fund a TALOS Secure Workstation as coreboot build system

Taiidan at gmx.com Taiidan at gmx.com
Wed Jan 18 01:13:53 CET 2017

Tim, how come you guys didn't go after government and corporate sources
of funding? I read DARPA is really interested in assured computing these
days.

Maybe there should be a fund for a IBM/TYAN POWER system for the
coreboot project?, maybe better than being stuck doing development on an
older platform?

Does anyone know how long ASUS will keep making new ones?

Something for people to think about - In 2012 a brand new KGPE-D16
spec'ed out with cpus and memory would have been just as much as a
POWER8 system is now (I read on a forum that someone got a S822LC for 5K
through an IBM corporate rep)

(I would just buy you guys one but I am unemployed despite the bogus "it
worker shortage")