[coreboot] [Resend] Tapping into the core (33C3)

Taiidan at gmx.com Taiidan at gmx.com
Mon Jan 16 22:34:06 CET 2017

Bootguard can be bypassed by simply swapping compatible CPU's from two
computers/laptops, correct?

The bigger issue is, do we really want to support a company that will
one day succeed in shutting us down? while x86 is the only real option
for a mobile workstation I feel as though all desktop/server development
should be focused on POWER as IBM isn't yet entirely hostile to the idea
of free firmware (in 2012 a new kgpe-d16, compatible RAM, cpu's etc
would be as much as a power habanero is now, it isn't really that
expensive the only issue is that they don't depreciate in value as much
as an x86 device so it isn't as easy to pick up older models for cheap)

What do you guys think?