[coreboot] Question about PCIe separate reference clock

Zoran Stojsavljevic zoran.stojsavljevic at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 10:22:47 CET 2017

Hello Zheng,

For decades, I've been FW/SW engineer, but I do understand a little
bit of a HW. I have looked into the Si52111-B5 data sheet for
clarification.

My problem here is to understand, your use case: do you use local xtal
attached to   Si52111-B5 to generate local PCIe 25MHz clock? If you do
this, my next question is how you synchronize these two clocks: Local
PCIe 25 MHz and common reference clock from CPU?

Since these two clocks, as I understand above scenario, are
asynchronous to each other?!

Please, clarify for us your use case.

Thank you,
Zoran