[coreboot] Does the Core2Quad Mobile Q9100 require microcode updates?

Rudolf Marek r.marek at assembler.cz
Mon Jan 9 22:56:27 CET 2017

Hi Timothy,

Many thanks for pointing this out! We should put this somewhere to Wiki, in
VERY LARGE letters as over the years I'm also very sensitive to all the people
not liking to do their microcode update.

I always failed to explain that microcode is not a program (despite the "code"
in the word). I concluded that people are preventing doing the microcode
update because of religious reasons as I failed to identify any other reason.
I also do think that if one trusts the CPU one should also trust the update,
otherwise it makes more sense to go for RISC-V CPU in FPGA approach.

Thanks
Rudolf