[coreboot] Does the Core2Quad Mobile Q9100 require microcode updates?

Daniel Kulesz daniel.ina1 at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 9 18:58:24 CET 2017

Hi,

thank you for the hints. Actually, I am a bit puzzled why some of you misinterpreted my message as a claim or even a "proof". Since I haven't seen (m)any reports about running Coreboot with a Core2Quad Mobile w/o microcode updates (The Libreboot docs even state that these CPUs are incompatible), I only wanted to report that for me it seems not to crash badly on booting or compiling. No more than that.

Cheers, Daniel

[1] https://libreboot.org/docs/install/t500_external.html#cpu_compatibility

On Mon, 09 Jan 2017 11:40:33 -0600