[coreboot] Minifree Libreboot D16 server/workstation launched

Paul Kocialkowski contact at paulk.fr
Sun Jan 8 14:12:20 CET 2017

Le samedi 07 janvier 2017 à 22:14 -0500, Taiidan at gmx.com a écrit :
> Ah thanks for the info, I had thought all IBM POWER8 systems had open
> firmware :(
> So to confirm, the more reasonably priced S812LC for 4.8K doesn't have
> it? What a shame.

The S812LC (codename Habanero) has OpenPOWER support but doesn't have OpenBMC
support yet, so you can boot the CPU(s) with free software but the BMC can only
use the non-free system it has preinstalled sofar.

It's not impossible that Habanero support gets added to OpenBMC in the future,
but it's hard to say when and if it's going to happen.

Cheers,

--
Paul Kocialkowski, developer of free digital technology at the lower levels

Website: https://www.paulk.fr/
Coding blog: https://code.paulk.fr/
Git repositories: https://git.paulk.fr/ https://git.code.paulk.fr/