[coreboot] Building 4.5 from release sources

Trammell Hudson hudson at trmm.net
Thu Jan 5 22:28:36 CET 2017

On Thu, Jan 05, 2017 at 06:34:42AM -0700, Trammell Hudson wrote:
> When I build coreboot 4.5 from the release sources it is necessary
> to download the coreboot-blobs-4.5.tar.xz file and it looks like there
> might be a dependency now on the 3rdparty/vboot tree as well since
> cbfs.h includes vb2_api.h [...]

Ah, I see what happened.  My script fetched the tar file from the
github release tag:

https://github.com/coreboot/coreboot/archive/4.5.tar.gz

Instead of fetching from the official release server:

https://www.coreboot.org/releases/coreboot-4.5.tar.xz

That's why the submodules are not included in the source tar.

What's the distinction between coreboot/src/vboot and the
coreboot/3rdparty/vboot directories?  As Peter pointed out,
having the necessary headers self contained in the coreboot
tree would be nice to have.

--
Trammell