[coreboot] [GRUB2][PAYLOAD] How to integrate grub.cfg

megagolgoth megagolgoth at openmailbox.org
Mon Jan 2 11:15:33 CET 2017

Hi,

I successfully compile and flash Coreboot for a x220, with SeaBios as
payload. I follow steps on these page :
"https://www.coreboot.org/Board:lenovo/x220"
"https://www.coreboot.org/Build_HOWTO"
"https://www.coreboot.org/VGA_support" (Done it 2 month ago with
"bios_extract" , now it fails, I don't know why... But I got the
extracted BLOB)

My goal is having Qubes installed with HDD completely encrypted,  ME
(1,5MB version) disable ("https://github.com/corna/me_cleaner"), and
Seabios available in case of need.

I have three step to do for that :

1. Using Grub2 as Coreboot payload, with Seabios as Grub2 payload.

2. Find a 1,5MB version of ME (from a Chromebook). Applying
me_cleaner.py on coreboot.romn at the end.

3. Installing Qubes fully encrypted
("https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/2118").

My questions are :

1. I'm stuck because I didn't know how to integrate or make Grub2 use my
grub.cfg. How to do?

2. Where can I find a Chromebook BIOS (or a 1,5MB ME) ?

3. Is someone did that? Any recommendation?

Jérémie.