[coreboot] Offering Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 for porting

Leah Rowe info at gluglug.org.uk
Sun Jan 1 15:22:24 CET 2017

Hi Merlin,

On 15/12/16 12:36, Merlin Büge wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I have a nice Gigabyte mainboard which I don't need/use anymore: A
> Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 (rev. 2.0 or 2.1)
>
> http://www.gigabyte.de/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3519
>
> Since I like libre-friendly computing hardware, I'd find it nice to
> see libreboot running on it. I'm not sure, but from what I see, it
> should be libreboot compatible? Could someone more knowledged than
> me confirm this?
>
> If someone is interested in porting this board to coreboot, and if
> there are no big foreseeable obstacles to porting it to lireboot,
> I'd be happy donating that board together with a Phenom II 965 and
> 4G RAM, preferrable to someone in Germany or within the EU
> (shipping costs).

avph in #coreboot might be able to help you. If you do get it working
with libreboot/no blobs, let us know and we'll add it.

- --
Leah Rowe

Libreboot developer

Use free software. Free as in freedom.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_software

Use a free operating system, GNU+Linux.
https://libreboot.org/docs/distros/
Or BSD:
https://libreboot.org/docs/bsd/

Use a free BIOS.
https://libreboot.org/

Support computer user freedom.
https://peers.community/

Minifree Ltd, trading as Ministry of Freedom | Registered in England,
No. 9361826 | VAT No. GB202190462
Registered Office: 19 Hilton Road, Canvey Island, Essex SS8 9QA, UK |
Web: https://minifree.org/