[coreboot] BUGs: Payload Tint

qma ster qmastery16 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 09:50:02 CET 2017

There was a patch to bring the latest version tint-0.04 to coreboot and fix
a few bugs / add some new features!  https://review.coreboot.org/#/c/17507/
Unfortunately this patch has not been accepted, partially because of huge
misunderstanding between patch submitter and coreboot administration,
partially because gerrit is too complicated for beginners. But you could
still apply this patch locally and use an updated tint - like I am doing
currently! This updated tint has a working reboot and USB keyboard, fixed
pause, and probably some other things improved. I found it quite playable
on my laptop.
First of all, delete all the contains of your
./coreboot/payloads/external/tint/ directory, then download this file:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=03276023953664480264 --- is a
link to
tint-0.04+nmu1.zip , SHA1 checksum of this archive should be SHA1 =
9937c5da705f237c40b88ca9d74f955c16e160ca , check it and unzip the archive,
it contains two files : [---->] libpayload_tint.patch - replace
./coreboot/payloads/external/tint/libpayload_tint.patch with this file
[---->] Makefile - replace ./coreboot/payloads/external/tint/Makefile with
this file ,
How it works: Makefile downloads the latest tint 0.04 payload archive from
debian servers, checks its checksum, unzips it and patches its sources
using libpayload_tint.patch file to make it compatible with coreboot and
add some coreboot specific features

Also, I am attaching this archive to this message, just in case...