[coreboot] Any H8SCM owners? (does it work?)

Taiidan at gmx.com Taiidan at gmx.com
Tue Feb 28 02:11:51 CET 2017

I am making a beginners guide for the wiki, and I would like to include the
low cost H8SCM board on it. (widely available used for around $30 vs $220 for a used KCMA-D8)

If anyone has this one I have a few questions:

Assume a 42xx series Opteron processor is in use. (41xx is crap and 43xx
needs microcode for secure operation and IOMMU)

* Does it work with a native equivalent or near native featureset?

* Does it use the older open source version of AGESA? (I am not so sure how to
easily tell them apart as tim pearson said it wasn't audited for binaries)

* Does it need any blobs to work? (besides VGA, as nobody will will want
to use the terrible onboard chipset as this isn't a server board)

* Does IOMMU work?, in platform_cfg.h IOMMU_SUPPORT_DISABLE is there with
a "TODO" - but what would it take to enable this? I know that AGESA has stubs for it but other than that I can't find any
documentation - I imagine this is all secret squirrel AMD confidential stuff
and if it was easy someone would have done it already.

* Does the -F version (with the BMC) work identical to the regular version
if you remove the BMC ROM? (maybe a security risk due to the direct data link from the BMC to one of the onboard intel nics according to the block diagram)

- Thanks!