[coreboot] The fastest possible intel free-as-in-freedom pattform not supported now?

Martin Roth gaumless at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 19:10:24 CET 2017

I believe that the only Xeon chips that are supported by coreboot are using
the FSP.  These are the Broadwell-DE (Xeon D family) & Ivy Bridge Gladden
(E3-1125C / E3-1105C v2).

Not that they're high power, but the C2000 (Rangeley/Avaton) chips also use
the FSP, but don't have an ME.  These are also the chips that are
reportedly failing now:
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/clock-signal.html#~field

So while I'd love to see it happen, and not to discourage anyone, we'd have
to do some serious work to get the Xeon chips you mentioned running.

Martin