[coreboot] Coreboot on Thinkpad "X62" (i7-5600u)?

Rafael Send rsend at berkeley.edu
Thu Feb 23 08:46:12 CET 2017

Hello there-
I'm assuming this is the right way to ask a general question, but please
let me know if it isn't.

I have an "X62" laptop, which is actually an old Thinkpad X61 with a custom
motherboard in it.
This board has an i7-5600u CPU on it, and I was wondering if it was
possible to build a version of coreboot for this machine.
I see an existing mailing list entry in the archive discussing a Chromebook
Pixel with the same CPU, so I'm thinking it may be possible unless I'm
missing something major.
Since this is a custom motherboard, how would I find out about the Intel
Boot Guard and related issues so that I can provide the details for the
good folks here?
I'm pretty comfortable around Linux but probably would have trouble
building this from scratch.
Thanks in advance!

Rafael