[coreboot] Dont filter supported CPUs on a mainboard by the CPUID

i1w5d7gf38keg at tutanota.com i1w5d7gf38keg at tutanota.com
Thu Feb 23 00:49:27 CET 2017

Thanks for the information. Then maybe just dont stop booting when CPUID is missing. Just add a line to the coreboot log. Something like: "WARNING: Unknown CPU ID detected. Please report to the coreboot mailing lists if the machine is working fine"

Then you still have the same functionality as you told. CPUs that require different handling on different revisions can still be maintained different.

People are also way more motivated to report some unstable working CPUs then when they flash coreboot and the system simply didnt work at all and without reading the logfiles it looks like its completely dead (no screen, nothing, just fans are on).

22. Feb 2017 23:35 by tpearson at raptorengineering.com: