[coreboot] coreboot community meeting minutes for February 16, 2017

Taiidan at gmx.com Taiidan at gmx.com
Fri Feb 17 06:16:08 CET 2017

I am dumb so I wasn't aware that there was a community meeting.

The mailinglist should stay, it is the most convenient and supported in
a variety of viewing methods.
Google groups and reddit both require javascript and they don't support
easy text mode viewing - both should also not be used for philosophical
reasons

Reddit admins censor and stealth-edit user posts for kicks and political
reasons and google loves to harvest peoples information - which is
entirely their right to do (hardware/bandwidth isn't free - that's how
they make money) but I don't like being shoehorned in to a service like
that.
I believe it is only a matter of time before google insist on something
silly like requiring you to register an account with a phone number for
using google groups, or demand that you do one of those browser
fingerprinting mechanical turk captchas.

I do not like freenode IRC as they discriminate against VPN users, even
as they advertise VPN service on their home page.
I can't understand why, considering you pretty much need a VPN with IRC
unless you want someone to be able to easily escalate a petty
disagreement in to being swatted and shot in the head.