[coreboot] Add coreboot storage driver

Patrick Georgi pgeorgi at google.com
Mon Feb 13 19:34:58 CET 2017

> tl;dr:
> We are considering adding early parallel code execution in coreboot. We need
> to discuss how this can be done.
It's reasonable to discuss the "if" first.

> Nowadays we see firmware getting more complicated.
The coreboot mantra isn't just "boot fast", but also "boot simple".

On your "scheduler or MPinit" question, _if_ we have to go down that route:
I'd prefer a cooperative threaded single core scheduler, for one
simple reason: it's easier to reason about the correctness of code
that only ever ceases control at well-defined yield points. As you
said, those tasks are not CPU bound.
We also don't need experimental ucode for that even when running
threads in CAR ;-)

Patrick