[coreboot] Add coreboot storage driver

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 19:23:41 CET 2017

What you're asking for is a parallelized or multicore coreboot IIUC.

We've done this before. I believe it was yhlu who implemented the multicore
DRAM startup on K8 ca. 2005 or so. I implemented a proof of concept
multi-core capability in coreboot in 2012. It was dead simple and based on
work we did in the NIX kernel, a very basic fork/join model. Instead of
halting after SMP startup, APs entered a state where they waited for
work.It worked. It was not well received at the time. Maybe it's time to
take a look at it again.

For your CAR case, all cores would have to finish before you moved into the
DRAM stage. Is that really a problem? I don't think based on your note that
you need such a complex model as found in linux with tasklets and
schedulers and such. A simple space-shared model ought to be sufficient.

Further, adurbin's concurrency (thread) model is a very nice API.

ron