[coreboot] Rowhammer protection via increased ecc scrub rate?

Taiidan at gmx.com Taiidan at gmx.com
Mon Feb 13 00:49:41 CET 2017

I am wondering if increasing the ECC scrub rate with nvramcui will
improve rowhammer protection on the various coreboot fam15h boards, and
if there is any downside to putting it at the fastest setting.
Default is 640ns but it can go down to 40ns.

I know that laptop memory is very vulnerable to this, but that
desktop/server memory isn't as much due to the lower density however
server RAM has high density assuming you have the elite 16 and 32gb
sticks etc.

At least there is this:
“…Intel chips were 200x more likely to have bitflips than AMD
processors, and the team wants to explore this further.”
dat magny coars <3