[coreboot] Supermicro H8QGI-F (Quad G34) - blob status?

Taiidan at gmx.com Taiidan at gmx.com
Tue Feb 7 02:48:29 CET 2017

https://www.coreboot.org/Board:supermicro/h8qgi

A quad g34 with 1TB RAM would be nice to have...

I am creating a beginners guide with all the new enough to be useful and
easily available brand new in box boards, I am curious if anyone uses
this as I have the following questions:

- Does it work without blobs? (what happens if you don't include the
video bios blob? can you still get video via seabios or linux?)
- Can you de-activate the on-board iKVM? (sketchy, it seems to have an
interface to one of the regular nics too)
- Are there any problems with reaching the full OEM 1TB spec RAM (like
where the kgpe-d16 can only go to 192gb instead of the spec'ed 256