[coreboot] Rangeley FSP reports "Err[24]: GetSet Value exceeds limits" during memory init

Zoran Stojsavljevic zoran.stojsavljevic at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 16:51:06 CET 2017

> As for our prototype, we got it to boot with one memory channel while
‘hot’. We’re working with Intel to narrow it down,
> but it looks like a marginal trace length issue. The verbose FSP tells us
we are having issues during Command Clock Training.

As I recall, INTEL provides HW PCB evaluation support for custom platforms,
for VIP IOTG customers. There is also INTEL trace length calculation tool,
for each family of ATOM/CORE. Important things to note (area: board HW
design and verification), Andy. [image: Inline image 1]

Since I also recall that Rangeley has some Gen.3 SATA support (2 ports), I
also will advise you to check/pay attention to these, during Lane Clock
training/SATA 3 Protocol training... Just in case.

Good Luck,
Zoran