[coreboot] Coreboot Purism BIOS is free? open?

echelon at free.fr echelon at free.fr
Sun Dec 24 14:02:41 CET 2017

Yes Peter....
But what has Netflix (or Sony, or the entertainment industry in general...) to LEGALLY gain by strongarming Intel/AMD to keep ME/PSP activated on all x86 platforms (not only consumer ones!..)?
(I can see other motivations.. but I keep the hypothesis that the entertainment industry has only morally acceptable principles in dealing with the cpu manufacturers..)
No matter if the "user" (can we anymore speak about "owner"?..) intends to "watch Netflix in high resolution" or not al all?
Excuse me but I insist : REALLY for >50% of the PC users nowadays the primary usage of their PC is to whatch Netflix (or play (legally..) acquired games)?.. I'm waiting for the stats..
 Florentin