[coreboot] Coreboot Purism BIOS is free? open?

Nico Huber nico.h at gmx.de
Sat Dec 23 11:54:01 CET 2017

On 23.12.2017 11:39, Nico Huber wrote:
> [1] I'm convinced that this is easily doable. At least compared to the
>     effort you already put in liberating the unliberatable. If the i.MX8
>     turns out to be as controllable and well documented as the i.MX6,
>     you'd be catapulted towards the end of your freedom roadmap.

Now that I've looked at your roadmap again, there's a flaw at the
beginning: AUIU, at least Acer, Dell, HP and Lenovo sell products
that are on par with yours (Chromebooks). Actually you're basing
your firmware on their investments into it. So it seems unfair to
list them there. Some even sell ARM devices that are far ahead (in
terms of freedom and owner-controllability; not in your roadmap
because that has a very weird order).

Nico