[coreboot] Coreboot Purism BIOS is free? open?

Youness Alaoui kakaroto at kakaroto.homelinux.net
Sat Dec 23 08:46:18 CET 2017

On Sat, Dec 23, 2017 at 12:28 AM, Zoran Stojsavljevic
<zoran.stojsavljevic at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Youness,
>
> With all due respect, you write too long emails, trying to defend
> Purism. Lot of yours argument I do not buy.
> Some of them I do.

I know I write too long emails, a long time ago I stopped trying to
make them shorter, because I always fail. Some like to read them, some
won't read them, and that's ok.
I wasn't trying to defend Purism though, I was answering Taiidan's
questions. Maybe he'll accept the answers, maybe he'll disagree with
my answer, or maybe he won't bother to read the long email either.

> But, hey, this is what you/Purism have/has to offer, and this is a
> sort of fair deal. We all know what you are offering,
> in regards to x86, so let it be. Some people will buy Taiidan's facts,
> some yours, and some will stay in between.

Yes, there is a lot of choices for a lot of needs and the person
making the decision is the user, they decide what they want, so they
can't be wrong. I remember when Purism was even suggesting GluGlub on
the website as an alternative (a "non-competitor"). I think that was
taken down after some political conflict between Leah and us, i'm not
entirely sure though.

Have a nice weekend, happy christmas (if you care) and happy new year!