[coreboot] Depthcharge License

tturne at codeaurora.org tturne at codeaurora.org
Thu Dec 21 19:14:58 CET 2017

On 2017-12-19 09:53, David Hendricks wrote:
> To be fair, it appears that many source files refer to a non-existent
> LICENSE file. Someone on the CrOS team should probably just add the
> LICENSE file for depthcharge and/or contact mal@ to see how the
> license info is being collected these days (e.g. for
> chrome://os-credits [3]).

Thanks for the input on the DC licensing, and because lawyers are
involved I need to ask a direct question.
Can a Depthcharge maintainer (anybody who has +2 gerrit authority would
suffice) state on this thread
that the Depthcharge project license is GPLv2 (or later)?

I know this feels redundant and that the question has been asked and
answered, I'm just trying
to satisfy our internal legal group.

Per David's point above, this direct question would not be required to
satisfy the lawyers
if a top-level COPYING or LICENSE file is added to Depthcharge.  Which I
will be happy to
add once I'm able to start contributing to the project.
Cheers,
T.mike