[coreboot] Early debugging

Gergely Kiss mail.gery at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 09:31:38 CET 2017

I have made some progress since yesterday and now I have much better
results:

* Adding a setting to romstage to disable PCI-PCI bridge and enabling its
pins as GPIO (that's what the datasheet says) made it possible to
initialize the PCIe bridge @00:02.1.
* Adding the base address 0x0 to unused resources helped silenting resource
allocation errors reported, no side effects so far
* Now that the PCIe bridge is properly initialized, I have a fully working
system! Ubuntu 16.04 boots up and runs absolutely error-free and stable,
even the suspend functionality works as expected.
* Adding the option HAVE_CMOS_DEFAULT to the board's Kconfig file helped to
make get_option() working as expected

The only major issue left is the unstable operation of the USB keyboard
with SeaBIOS. I have found no build parameters to fine tune
keyboard-related settings like timeouts so I guess I'll have to create a
patch to get this fixed.

Any ideas are welcome on how to fix this.

Thanks,
Gergely