[coreboot] EARLY_CBMEM_INIT for Geode LX platforms

Michal Zygowski michal.zygowski at 3mdeb.com
Thu Dec 14 16:56:04 CET 2017

Hello Everyone,

As a result of incoming 4.7 release many boards are going to be
deprecated. We would like to support alix platforms which are based on
Geode LX and yet not EARLY_CBMEM_INIT enabled. We have all hardware at
hand and would gladly bring these platforms up to current standards.

We saw that Kyösti Mälkki did a lot of good work for other AMD platforms
and even offered to help with implementing EARLY_CBMEM_INIT on Geode.
Unfortunately the thread died:
https://www.mail-archive.com/coreboot@coreboot.org/msg50205.html

Could You give us any tips where and how to start?

AFAIK it is about calculating the top of RAM and recovering the cbmem on
S3 resume (am I wrong?). I have already tried to implement it, but when
trying to get timestamps with cbmem, it complains that it could not find
timestamp table (did not even get error with cpufreq missing as this
module occurs to be a problem on Geode).

Has anybody maybe done some work yet?

Best Regards,
---
Michał Żygowski