[coreboot] Lenovo G505s AMD Hardware Virtualization

Taiidan at gmx.com Taiidan at gmx.com
Tue Dec 12 04:21:55 CET 2017

Congratulations for following through on the investigation :D

I am not sure how to do a commit, but I hope you are able to find out as
you will have helped a lot of people.

I am pleased with myself for noticing that the lack of microcode updates
was the issue - as the CPU is similar to a piledriver not a bulldozer it
requires microcode for IOMMU.

I do not have the technical documents for that chipset and I do not know
how to change the PCI regs but I am sure the USB controllers support FLR
considering the nearly identical SR56xx chipsets usb controllers do - I
will look in to this further.