[coreboot] Embedded Controller (EC)

Аладышев Константин aladyshev at nicevt.ru
Mon Dec 11 14:32:39 CET 2017

I'm a little bit confused. When we say 'main EC' controller, do we mean ACPI EC controller? The one that provides special interface with EC_SC, EC_DATA registers as defined in ACPI spec. Cause my main purpose right now is to make standard OS-battery interface through embedded controller. And I’m looking for the simplest way to do it.

As I understand ‘chromeec’ projects describes all embedded controllers used in chromebooks and this includes as standard ACPI EC controllers, as special embedded controllers for things like USB Type-C to DP/HDMI/VGA adapter.

Are there any boards in 'chromeec' project that use STM32 as 'main EC'? Or STM32 is only used for other special things like USB Type-C to DP/HDMI/VGA adapter?

And is there any info document that describes all boards in ‘board’ catalog?

Best Regards,

Aladyshev Konstantin