[coreboot] Lenovo G505s AMD Hardware Virtualization

awokd awokd at elude.in
Mon Dec 11 01:56:31 CET 2017

On Fri, December 1, 2017 12:10 pm, awokd wrote:
> On Thu, November 30, 2017 05:38, Zoran Stojsavljevic wrote:
>>> Last resort is to flash back the OEM image but I'm hoping to avoid that.
>>
>> I would suggest to do this step now. As interim step, Then you can verify

> Thanks, will report back
> on where this problem bisection leads and/or a resolution when I get
> there.

I got it [after many days of research and trial]! I had to update
src/vendorcode/amd/agesa/f15tn/Proc/CPU/Family/0x15/TN/F15TnEquivalenceTable.c
from:

STATIC CONST UINT16 ROMDATA CpuF15TnMicrocodeEquivalenceTable[] =
{
  0x6101, 0x6101,
  0x6100, 0x6100
};

// Unencrypted equivalent
STATIC CONST UINT16 ROMDATA CpuF15TnUnEncryptedMicrocodeEquivalenceTable[] =
{
  0x6101, 0x6901,
  0x6100, 0x6900
};

TO:

STATIC CONST UINT16 ROMDATA CpuF15TnMicrocodeEquivalenceTable[] =
{
  0x6131, 0x6101,
  0x6101, 0x6101,
  0x6100, 0x6100
};

// Unencrypted equivalent
STATIC CONST UINT16 ROMDATA CpuF15TnUnEncryptedMicrocodeEquivalenceTable[] =
{
  0x6131, 0x6901,
  0x6101, 0x6901,
  0x6100, 0x6900
};

Is there a newbie primer somewhere on how to make a commit?

Now I am seeing patch level 0x0600110f on all CPUs, and my Xen/Qubes HVMs
start without freezing the entire machine.

Still haven't been able to figure out how to get them to patch level
0x06001119 like under the OEM firmware. I found the blob corresponding to
that patch level in there as well as in the stock microcode_amd_fam15h.bin
3rdparty blob. From looking at
src/vendorcode/amd/agesa/f15tn/Config/OptionFamily15hInstall.h it seems as
though microcode updates might be hardcoded (F15_TN_UCODE_10F, for
example). Would I need to hardcode my newer version too, or am I reading
it wrong?

I did some quick testing with device passthrough under Qubes and it
doesn't seem to be working but I need to spend more time on it.