[coreboot] Embedded Controller (EC)

Paul Kocialkowski contact at paulk.fr
Sat Dec 9 21:19:38 CET 2017

Le samedi 09 décembre 2017 à 14:21 -0500, Taiidan at gmx.com a écrit :
> On 12/09/2017 09:22 AM, Paul Kocialkowski wrote:
>
> > The project is still in an early development stage and is not
> > functional
> > as-is. Some I/O features are currently supported on the G505s and
> > can be
> > used thought the command line via UART.
> >
> > I will be launching dedicated ressources for this project at some
> > point
> > in the (hopefully) near future. In the meantime, contributions are
> > welcome!
>
> Cool! I wish you luck on this project - an open source EC would be
> really great for the G505S as it is one of the last best owner
> controlled non-ME/PSP x86-64 laptops, it also has an IOMMU!

Ideally, having the G505s supported by native code in coreboot (without
using AGESA) and a free EC would be really awesome!

There is definitely potential in this laptop to get a modern x86 well-
supported by free boot software!

> I am however getting a "400 - Invalid action parameter" when
> attempting to visit the project page.

The source code is hosted at:
http://git.code.paulk.fr/gitweb/?p=origami-ec.git;a=summary

which should work most of the time.

Cheers,

--
Paul Kocialkowski,

developer of free digital technology and hardware support.

Website: https://www.paulk.fr/
Coding blog: https://code.paulk.fr/
Git repositories: https://git.paulk.fr/ https://git.code.paulk.fr/