[coreboot] Embedded Controller (EC)

Randall Spangler rspangler at chromium.org
Fri Dec 8 17:30:22 CET 2017

On Fri, Dec 8, 2017 at 5:57 AM, Аладышев Константин <aladyshev at nicevt.ru>
wrote:

> Thanks for your answer!
>
> I've looked more closely at Chromium Embedded Controller project and EC
> chips it supports. To my surprise 'chromeec' even supports ordinary STM32
> controllers without ACPI EC registers (am I right?).

Yes, we've used it for everything from the main EC to a USB-PD controller
to a charger.  STM32 isn't suitable as the main EC for x86-based
Chromebooks, of course, due to lack of eSPI / LPC.

> So I think is it very important to do schematics as it is in Chromebooks
> to make use of this project.
>
> Is there any chance to find schematics for Chromebook boards, to get
> reference design of implementing ECs with ‘chromeec’ project?

I don't know.  But it supports several STM32 discovery boards, so you can
tinker with it on ready-built hardware.