[coreboot] Hardware vendors offering systems with Intel ME disabled

awokd awokd at elude.in
Fri Dec 8 16:26:57 CET 2017

On Fri, December 8, 2017 4:44 am, Zoran Stojsavljevic wrote:
> Let me try again to state what I stated before, with some new insides,
> because Tim brought the new equation: HAP into
> this discussion.

In addition to all the issues with ME listed so far, systems from Dell
etc. ship with UEFI BIOS. Due to its complexity and closed source
approach, many different UEFI implementations have suffered many different
vulnerabilities. Many (all?) include a full network stack. Coreboot is
open source and simply a bootstrap, closing out large swaths of attack
surfaces.