[coreboot] Disabling Intel ME 11 via undocumented mode

Zoran Stojsavljevic zoran.stojsavljevic at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 14:51:22 CET 2017

Disabling Intel ME 11 via undocumented mode
http://blog.ptsecurity.com/2017/08/disabling-intel-me.html

I just managed (few hours ago) to read this article (way after replying to
It is, after all, amazing how far these two people, *Mark Ermolov and Maxim
Goryachy* progressed with ME debugging/cracking
and understanding how ME is connected/related to the INTEL platforms' bring
up!

I just stumbled over it upon searching about ME, and I know what they did
achieve previously. They achieved some
steps forward... :-)

I did not see that this article was published before on Coreboot (excuse me
for my ignorance if I missed it), but it is worth
reading, every word of it, especially the second part!

What is described on the second part is way (much) more than I was willing
to lament on (since in the lieu of the Legal
issues). Especially on BringUP stages. Excellent read!

Something is definitely changing in the Open Source World... And I say, I
am very happy to read such articles!

Man, there are very serious people out there trying to demystify secrets.

I will read again this article later, very concentrated... Trying to put
some more comprehensive picture in my mind.

Thank you, all of you, Black Hat, Positive Technology, and others!

Molodci, rebjata!

Zoran