[coreboot] Blank screen during boot and max CPU fan speed for ASUS KGPE-D16

Daniel K shambles_09 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 6 09:12:33 CET 2017

Thanks for the suggestion about the RAM Zoran.

Tried it out in the following configurations for 2x CPU setup as per the ASUS documentation but with no luck:

- 8x 4 GB = 32 GB @ A2, B2, C2, D2, E2, F2, G2, H2

- 6x 4 GB = 24 GB @ A2, B2, C2, E2, F2, G2

- 4x 4 GB = 16 GB @ A2, C2, E2, G2

- 2x 4 GB = 8 GB @ A2, E2

Additionally, I find that my keyboard does not work in my SSD instance of GRUB (I have the default SeaBIOS on the coreboot BIOS chip) however after GRUB launches Debian, everything works fine.

Since coreboot is able to boot to my SSD, could it even be a RAM issue? I'd assume if there was an issue with the RAM the BIOS just wouldn't be able to proceed.