[coreboot] need help with RS780L HT3 init

Vladislav Tsendrovskii vlad at vltc.net.eu.org
Wed Dec 6 00:47:24 CET 2017

Hello!

I'm trying to port coreboot to my ga-780t-d3l-rev4.0 mainboard

It has AM3+ socket, fam15h cpu, 760G (RS780L) and SB710

And I have 2 problems, running coreboot:

1) "AMD_CB_EventNotify: ERROR: HT_EVENT_NCOH_DEVICE_FAILED: node 0 link
0 depth: 0 attemptedBUID: 1"

i've added some trivial printk debug and get

cpuSetAMDMSR  done
Enter amd_ht_init
Fam15 northbridge interface
secBus = 0
currentPtr = 0x0
Found device 0x96001022
Total links = 0
Searching of next capabilities at 0x0
currentPtr = 0xC4
Writing BUID=0x1 to [20:16] of 0xC4
Read 0x0 from 0x000080C4, bits [20:16]
AMD_CB_EventNotify: ERROR: HT_EVENT_NCOH_DEVICE_FAILED: node 0 link 0
depth: 0 attemptedBUID: 1
AMD_CB_EventNotify: INFO: HT_EVENT_NCOH_AUTO_DEPTH: node 0 link 0 depth: 255
Exit amd_ht_init
cpuSetAMDPCI 00 done

2) second problem, that coreboot finish booting at

"Waiting for predriver calibration to be applied..." when memory
initialization

After this system writes, that BIOS checksum is incorrect and restores
original bios from backup

--
Best regards, Vladislav Tsendrovskii