[coreboot] LinuxBoot (was: [RFC] Revive LinuxBIOS as new project for Linux in flash ROM chip)

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 16:58:52 CET 2017

On Mon, Dec 4, 2017 at 12:37 AM Paul Menzel <
paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> I can’t find the mailing list. Could you please share the URL (and put
> the list in CC)?

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/linuxboot

I sent an invite to you, Paul!

> Regarding the content of LinuxBoot [1], it will mostly then be
> documenting stuff, how LinuxBoot can be achieved?

We're not sure. UEFI is so complex, and there are so many vendors writing
bad code for it, that at least part of this work involves "figure out what
a mess the ODM made of UEFI and work around it."

Trammell had a very interesting post just today, concerning how Boot Device
Selection does all sort of things unrelated to Boot Device Selection -- on
an Intel board, of course.

The purpose of the group: "Welcome to the LinuxBoot mailing list, wherein
we discuss using a Linux kernel as the ramstage (coreboot) or
DxeCore/BdsExe/UEFISHell replacement."

ron