[coreboot] Embedded Controller (EC)
aladyshev at nicevt.ru
Fri Dec 1 14:07:06 CET 2017
Hello! I'm trying to understand, what is the easiest way today to integrate
EC to custom motherboard? What controller should I choose for new custom
1) First of all, are there any ECs on market that ship with embedded
firmware, where all you need to do is just a little bit of register
configuration (like SuperIO)? Or is it always like you need to write all
firmware by yourself? In that case what is the main difference between
ordinary microcontroller (for example STM32) and some controller marked by
vendor as EC?
2) How stable and flexible are projects about open EC firmware? Is it
possible to adapt these projects for my custom motherboard?
I'm talking about:
- Chromium Embedded Controller:
- Origami-EC: https://git.code.paulk.fr/gitweb/?p=origami-ec.git;a=summary
3) What is the current status of EC support from coreboot point of view?
More information about the coreboot