[coreboot] Disabling Intel ME 11 via undocumented mode

Merlin Büge toni at bluenox07.de
Thu Aug 31 10:23:59 CEST 2017

On Wed, 30 Aug 2017 18:09:51 -0400
"Taiidan at gmx.com" <Taiidan at gmx.com> wrote:

> On 08/30/2017 03:28 PM, Timothy Pearson wrote:
>
> >> POWER9 workstations are already coming on the market:
> >>
> >> https://raptorcs.com/TALOSII/
> >>
> >> Note that IBM selling similar machines directly would likely be
> >> more expensive, not less, based on POWER8 price comparisons
> >> between IBM and other vendors.  People purchase IBM branded
> >> products for extreme reliability, not to get cheap equipment...
> Damn that is sick as hell! you guys actually pulled it off! how did
> you get the funding? how have I not heard about this before?

Yeah, I wonder why it was not announced on this list. Although not
directly coreboot related, there probably is strong interest here
within this community.

There is also a channel on freenode: #talos-workstation

>From what I've heard, pre-orders will close very soon, and it's unknown
if there will be a second production run of the boards...

Timothy, maybe you could shed some light on it?

Cheers,

Merlin

Merlin Büge <toni at bluenox07.de>