[coreboot] Disabling Intel ME 11 via undocumented mode

Taiidan at gmx.com Taiidan at gmx.com
Wed Aug 30 07:06:56 CEST 2017

On 08/30/2017 12:58 AM, Philipp Stanner wrote:

> Am 29.08.2017 um 20:15 schrieb Timothy Pearson:
>> On 08/29/2017 06:10 AM, Rene Shuster wrote:
>>> Wow.
>> My favorite part is where the NSA itself basically admits that the ME
>> can't be trusted!  I wonder if they are looking at other architectures
>> or if this HAP bit was enough for their needs?
>>
> By the way: Do AMD-boards have a similar mechanism of evil?
Yes it is called AMD-PSP and present in the newer stuff such as AM4 and
FM2+, although they did entertain the idea of providing a method to
disable it in a reddit thread which a PR guy claims the CEO paid
attention to so I suppose a corporate customer that purchases sufficient
volume could convince them to actually do it. much better than intel's
ignoring of the issue.