[coreboot] How is depreciating 95% of coreboot boards worth it for such minor improvements?

Taiidan at gmx.com Taiidan at gmx.com
Wed Aug 23 06:00:20 CEST 2017

Just because a board lacks active developers doesn't mean that no one is
using it.
As a layman I simply can't understand as to how all these seemingly
insignificant improvements such as CBMEM in ramstage make it worth
removing almost every compatible board from the source, including nearly
all the models that still have an open source init.

To me it seems at the rate this is going soon all that will be left is a
few blobbed and NDA'ed development boards unavailable to the general public.

Am I mistaken?