[coreboot] Need help implementing romstage CBMEM

Keith Hui buurin at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 19:09:40 CEST 2017

Hi All,

I got some assistance from Aaron via gerrit [1] and he had me try some
changes. He also asked for my .config which is attached here.

However, the key parts are:
CONFIG_DCACHE_RAM_BASE=0xcf000
CONFIG_DCACHE_RAM_SIZE=0x01000

This is not consistent with the hard coded assumption cpu/intel/car/romstage.c:
#define DCACHE_RAM_ROMSTAGE_STACK_SIZE 0x2000

There is not enough CAR for the entire romstage stack.

Reverting to romstage_legacy and just initializing cbmem directly
there isn't taking me far either, at least I see the ramstage copy of
get_top_of_ram() get run.

Next I am going to try "modern" romstage again with an increased
CONFIG_DCACHE_RAM_SIZE, but I want to get as much info out as soon as
I can for tips.

[1] https://review.coreboot.org/20977