[coreboot] Howto enable AMD Cool'n'Quiet support

Michael Graichen michael.graichen at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 15 20:53:38 CEST 2017

Hey,

i tried running coreboot on my old ASUS K8V-X Mainboard. I'm using Coreboot tag/4.6 from git and its SeaBIOS.

Booting seems to do fine, it detects the harddrive and a USB stick (Ubuntu MATE). But when i'm booting from the USB stick i get an error message from the kernel:

"Make sure that your Bios is up to date and Cool'n'Quiet support is enabled in BIOS setup."

I checked the error message in the linux source and found it in: drivers/cpufreq/powernow-k8.c

The for-loop there just scans memory C0000 to FFFF0 for a string "AMDK7PNOW!"

I checked coreboot.rom-file and my vendor BIOS for that but can't find it.

Did I miss to enable something in make menuconfig? Can someone give me a hint how to find the missing blob.

Thanks,

Micha